Corporate Social Responsibility
Myriad strives to be a good corporate citizen, and has established a number of programs to help patients and the local community.
Myriad provides free testing to patients who do not have insurance and need help. Since 1996 when BRACAnalysis® was launched, Myriad has had a financial assistance program directly providing testing at no charge to low-income, uninsured patients. Over 5,000 patients have benefited from this program. More information on this program can be found here: https://www.myriadpro.com/mfap.
- A financial assistance program (FAP) is also available to all patients. This program allows patients to finance any out-of-pocket fees for 24 months with no interest.
- Myriad offers research testing services at a fraction of the commercial testing price.
- Myriad provides scholarships to 16 Science majors at three local universities because of the belief that awarding scholarships to today’s inspiring young leaders is a great investment in the future.
“Because of your generosity, donating to the College of Science, I will be able to continue to devote myself to my studies while maintaining active involvement in extracurricular activities such as community service, physician shadowing, and research, all of which have certainly enhanced my experience at the University of Utah.” – Bryn E. McNerny
“Thank you very much for being the big local company that is willing to invest in a local scientist with big dreams.” – Zachary Lee
“This scholarship will provide me with great motivation to continue pursing science and learn everything possible during the process.” – Donghwi Bae
“This grant will be a significant help in my future studies. As a first-generation college student living along with my mother, a Ukrainian immigrant, financial support from my family is minimal.” – Elena Nazarenko
“Words cannot express how thankful I am for receiving this annual scholarship; and my parents could not be more proud. We are all so overjoyed with happiness.” – Boya Li
Myriad has established an on-going corporate giving program which assists non-profit organizations. Recent recipients of this program include:
- Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Primary Children’s Medical Center
- Cancer Wellness House
- American Cancer Society
- Neighborhood House
- Weber-Morgan Children’s Justice Center
- Ballet West
- Pioneer Theatre
- Needs Beyond Medicine
- 4th Street Clinic
- Susan G. Komen
Myriad Employee Volunteerism:
Our employees are a talented, dedicated, diverse group of individuals united in a common goal of making a difference in the communities in which they live and work. This goal extends beyond the workplace to a number of different non-profit organizations which are important to our employees, both here in Salt Lake and beyond.
The following are some examples of our local participation in events close to the community's heart.
The Huntsman Cancer Institute: RAGNAR – Utah
- Two teams, made up of 18 Myriad employees and 6 Myriad patients completed the RAGNAR Utah relay running race and raised over $17,000 for the Huntsman Cancer Institute.
Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure:
- Close to 200 Myriad employees and family members participated in the Salt Lake Race For the Cure and contributed over $12,000 to Susan G. Komen.
Cancer Wellness House
- Approximately 75 Myriad volunteers donated time and close to $5,000 in gifts to the Cancer Wellness House in an effort to put on the Annual Holiday Party.
Utah Food Bank and Homeless Youth Center:
- Myriad employees raised $9,000 for these organizations during the 2011 holiday season.
- Over 500 Myriad employees put together gift bags for Operation Hero at Knibbe Ranch, Texas for 51 Wounded Warriors