With the MyriadPromise™, we partner with you to ensure your satisfaction
What is the MyriadPromise?
At Myriad, we believe every patient should have access to the highest quality genetic testing because we know how useful it is in helping healthcare providers deliver the best medical care.
- When one of our tests is ordered for you, we will work with your insurance provider to help you get the appropriate coverage allowed by your plan.
- If your out of pocket expense will exceed $375, we will call you before processing your test to discuss payment plan options that are available to you.
- We won’t call if your bill will be less than $375, but if you have concerns about your bill, you can contact us directly and we guarantee that we will work with you to come up with an option that’s right for you.
- We are committed to make sure that test results are accurate, timely, and financially accessible to everyone.
What does this mean for you as a patient?
- When your healthcare provider feels you should have genetic testing to help you get the best possible care, you can proceed right away, feeling confident that the costs will be manageable.
- No surprises. If your bill will be more than $375, we’ll call. You can work with us to come up with a payment plan that meets your needs.
Q. How do I know if my health insurance will cover hereditary cancer testing? I don’t even know where to start.
A. Most insurance carriers cover genetic testing services for hereditary cancer. In fact, although each situation is unique, the average patient pays coinsurance of less than 10% of the test price. We work directly with your insurance provider to get reimbursement for the genetic tests we offer. We have significant experience navigating the reimbursement issues that may be important to you.
Q. What kinds of payment plans do you offer?
A. If you happen to receive a bill from Myriad, we are extremely flexible. We routinely offer an interest-free 25 month payment plan when your co-insurance, deductible, or non-covered services will cost $375 or more. (That’s roughly $15 per month, with zero interest.) Our friendly staff will happily find a way to make the payments work for you.
Q. What if I don’t have any health insurance at all?
A. You can pay for the testing service yourself. If needed, we can set you up on an installment payment plan that is practical for you.
We can even offer testing at no charge to uninsured patients who meet specific financial and medical criteria. (Due to regulatory limitations, patients who are recipients of government-funded programs like Medicaid and Medicare, or those that have any third party insurance are not eligible to apply.)
Learn more about payment options and health insurance reimbursement here: