At Myriad, corporate responsibility plays an important role in our approach to discovering and delivering valuable, transformative diagnostic tests across all major diseases to improve patients’ lives. We believe that our corporate social responsibility programs:
- Build greater value for our patients, healthcare professionals and shareholders;
- Support and improve the communities where we live and work; and
- Empower our employees to become more engaged in the well-being of their own communities.
The corporate social responsibility programs at Myriad align with a clearly-defined set of strategic priorities including:
- Philanthropy Myriad provides financial support to nonprofit organizations and shares the expertise of Myriad employees in the communities where we operate.
- Advocacy Myriad collaborates with and supports key patient advocacy and support organizations where we have the ability to make a positive difference in addressing complex health challenges, providing education about diagnostic testing and improving the quality of life for patients.
- Scholarship Myriad provides financial support for academic scholarship and education at both the undergraduate and post-graduate levels, and contributes to advancing education and training for women and minorities in medicine and science.
- Patient Assistance Myriad is working to improve overall healthcare quality and increase access to diagnostic testing for uninsured and underinsured populations by offering robust financial assistance and free testing to those in need.
Our Commitment to Giving
Myriad has established an ongoing corporate giving program that assists nonprofit organizations. Recent recipients of this program include:
- Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Primary Children’s Medical Center
- Cancer Wellness House
- American Cancer Society
- Neighborhood House
- Weber-Morgan Children’s Justice Center
- Ballet West
- Pioneer Theatre Company
- Needs Beyond Medicine
- 4th Street Clinic
- Susan G. Komen
Myriad is proud to sponsor and partner with disease advocacy and patient support groups who provide education, awareness and resources to cancer survivors, previvors, caregivers and others affected by cancer or other major diseases.
Myriad has collaborated on projects with advocacy groups, support groups and survivor networks, including:
- Arthritis Foundation
- Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation
- Be Bright Pink
- Cancer Support Community
- Colorectal Cancer Alliance (CCA)
- Chris 4 Life
- Creaky Joints
- Fight Colorectal Cancer
- Hereditary Colon Cancer Foundation
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer (LBBC)
- Li Fruameni Syndrome Association
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC)
- Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance
- Triple Step Toward the Cure
Each year, Myriad provides scholarships to college science majors because we believe that supporting today’s aspiring young leaders is a great investment in the future. Here is what recent scholarship recipients had to say:
“Because of your generosity in donating to the College of Science, I will be able to continue to devote myself to my studies while maintaining active involvement in extracurricular activities such as community service, healthcare professional shadowing and research, all of which have certainly enhanced my experience at the University of Utah.” – Bryn E. McNerny
“Thank you very much for being the big local company that is willing to invest in a local scientist with big dreams.” – Zachary Lee
“This scholarship will provide me with great motivation to continue pursing science and learn everything possible during the process.” – Donghwi Bae
“This grant will be a significant help in my future studies. As a first-generation college student living along with my mother, a Ukrainian immigrant, financial support from my family is minimal.” – Elena Nazarenko
“Words cannot express how thankful I am for receiving this annual scholarship; and my parents could not be more proud. We are all so overjoyed with happiness.” – Boya Li