At Myriad Genetics, corporate responsibility plays an important role in our approach to discovering and delivering valuable, transformative diagnostic tests across all major diseases to improve patients’ lives. We believe that our corporate social responsibility programs:
- Build greater value for our patients, healthcare professionals and shareholders;
- Support and improve the communities where we live and work; and
- Empower our employees to become more engaged in the well-being of their own communities.
The corporate social responsibility programs at Myriad align with a clearly-defined set of strategic priorities including:
- Philanthropy Myriad provides financial support to nonprofit organizations and shares the expertise of Myriad employees in the communities where we operate.
- Advocacy Myriad collaborates with and supports key patient advocacy and support organizations where we have the ability to make a positive difference in addressing complex health challenges, providing education about diagnostic testing and improving the quality of life for patients.
- Scholarship Myriad provides financial support for academic scholarship and education at both the undergraduate and post-graduate levels, and contributes to advancing education and training for women and minorities in medicine and science.
- Patient Assistance Myriad is working to improve overall healthcare quality and increase access to diagnostic testing for uninsured and underinsured populations by offering robust financial assistance and free testing to those in need.
Our Commitment to Giving
Myriad has established an ongoing corporate giving program that assists nonprofit organizations. Recent recipients of this program include:
- Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Primary Children’s Medical Center
- Cancer Wellness House
- American Cancer Society
- Neighborhood House
- Weber-Morgan Children’s Justice Center
- Ballet West
- Pioneer Theatre Company
- Needs Beyond Medicine
- 4th Street Clinic
- Susan G. Komen
Myriad is proud to sponsor and partner with disease advocacy and patient support groups who provide education, awareness and resources to cancer survivors, previvors, caregivers and others affected by cancer or other major diseases.
Myriad has collaborated on projects with advocacy groups, support groups and survivor networks, including:
- Arthritis Foundation
- Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation
- Be Bright Pink
- Cancer Support Community
- Colorectal Cancer Alliance (CCA)
- Chris 4 Life
- Creaky Joints
- Down Syndrome Diagnosis Network (DSDN)
- EveryLife Foundation
- Fight Colorectal Cancer
- Global Genes
- Hereditary Colon Cancer Foundation
- Jewish Genetic Disease Consortium (JGDC)
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer (LBBC)
- Li Fruameni Syndrome Association
- National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD)
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC)
- Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance
- Remember the Girls
- Society for Women’s Health Research (SWHR)
- The Focus Foundation
- Triple Step Toward the Cure