Influences treatment strategies, with 34 – 50% reduction in planned surgical interventions and 30 – 39% reduction in planned radiation treatments1, 2
Demonstrates nearly 2-fold increase in men safely pursuing active surveillance (AS)3
More than doubles the predictive power of disease-specific mortality when compared to both Gleason and PSA4,5
Projected to reduce costs by $1,894 per patient tested over 3 years6
Fact Sheets and Product Info:
Find more Myriad info as well as links to National Institutes of Health prostate cancer resources.
About Prostate Cancer:
In 2017, there were an estimated 3,170,339 men living with prostate cancer in the United States. Approximately 12.1 percent of men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point during their lifetime, based on 2015–2017 data.7
Prolaris is intended for men with biopsy-confirmed, localized prostate cancer, who have not received prior intervention. The assay is performed using tumor tissue from an existing biopsy sample.
1. Crawford ED, et al. Curr Med Res Opin 2014; 30(6):1025-31.
2. Shore N, et al. J Urol 2016 March; 195:612-18.
3. Kaul S, et al. Per Med 2019 Nov;16(6):491-9.
4. Adapted from: Cuzick J, et al. Br J Cancer 2012; 106(6):1095-9.
5. Adapted from: Cuzick J, et al. Br J Cancer 2015; 113:382-9.
6. Gustavsen G, et al. Future Oncol. 2020 Sep 9. 10.2217/fon-2020-0648. Online ahead of print. Cost savings based on Prolaris adoption by AUA low or intermediate risk patients.
7. National Cancer Institute. Retrieved September 2020 from: https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/prost.html.